Sony Ericsson has announced their new Xperia arc Android smartphone. This has been upgraded from their previous Xperia arc and they claim that this has 25% faster camera start up and 20% faster web page rendering compared to Xperia arc. This runs on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and the it is powered by 1.4Ghz processor. It has 4.2 inch Reality display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine and 8 MP camera with Exmor R image sensor.
This has 3D and 2D sweep panorama photography so that the panorama images captured can be viewed on a 3D TV using the HDMI output. This also comes with Sony Entertainment Network services such as Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited that lets you listen to 10 million unique songs and ad free radio channels, and watch Hollywood blockbusters, all-time classics, and TV shows from all major studios.
Features of Sony Ericsson Xperia arc S
* 4.2 inch (854 x 480 pixels) TFT Capacitive multi-touch displaywith Mobile BRAVIA Engine
* 8.7 mm thick and weighs 117 g
* 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 processor
* 8MP Auto focus camera with LED flash and 720p HD video recording
* 3.5 mm audio jack and FM radio with RDS
* 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth with A2DP, aGPS and USB OTG, HDMI port
* 512MB RAM, 320MB user memory that is expandable up to 32GB with MircoSD
* 1500 mAh with 7 h 25 min talk time and 460 h standby
The Sony Entertainment Network services are available in select countries (USA, Italy, Spain, Germany, UK, France, Australia, Canada and Japan). The Sony Ericsson Xperia arc S comes in White, Blue, Silver, Black and Pink colors and would be in selected markets from Q4 2011.